Randstad Software Commodity Lead - 22474 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Software Commodity Lead - 22474
Software Commodity Lead
Drive year-on-year improvement in total cost, quality, and service for software licensing and software as a service purchases. Accountable for execution and implementation of the sourcing and supplier management strategies utilizing cross-functional strategic sourcing teams (made up of Business Unit Product Managers, Purchasing Managers, Engineers, Operations Managers, Quality Managers and Buyers). Maintain proactive interaction with key suppliers in this commodity space.
• Contribute to the sourcing strategy for the assigned commodities. Develop and refine the sourcing strategy (with guidance from the Strategic Sourcing Managers and Director) using input from the sourcing team and key global/regional business leaders within the business units. The sourcing strategy will drive the continuous improvement of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the assigned commodities.
• Drive implementation of the sourcing strategy for assigned commodities. Once a sourcing strategy has been developed, the Commodity Manager will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage business unit compliance with the strategy. The Commodity Manager will also establish working relationships with other functions (e.g. engineering, procurement, operations, marketing, and quality assurance) within the business units, bringing a strategic sourcing perspective to all key processes. He/She will also assist Procurement, Quality and Engineering in driving part number level / supplier qualification as required.
• Leadership of strategic sourcing teams. The Commodity Manager will lead and drive results of specific strategic sourcing strategies within assigned commodities. He or she must be successful at managing and influencing a cross-functional team. The Commodity Manager will act as a catalyst for change to achieve business goals as well as addressing barriers to change.
• The Commodity Manager partners with business units to understand the goals and objectives and formulates strategies to achieve desired business results. On an ongoing basis, the Commodity Manager will remain current on supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
• Responsible for Global Supplier Management. On an ongoing basis, the Commodity Manager will monitor and evaluate supplier performance (quality, delivery, lead time) of all suppliers. Conduct regular strategic business reviews with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of the supply base.
• Measure and track business unit performance within each commodity. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for monthly reporting to senior management on key performance indicators within the supply chain. These KPI’s may include savings, quality, delivery, lead time, market trends, etc.
• Identify and implement Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) reduction opportunities for assigned commodities. Within the business unit, the Commodity Manager will champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal and joint supplier/unit teams pursuing TCO reduction opportunities in alignment with the sourcing strategy (e.g. lowering inventory levels, increasing yields, improving supplier operations, demand management, improving supply chain flexibility, etc.).
• Identify and implement best practices within assigned commodities.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
• Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in buying, project management or operations management.
• Proven experience in conflict resolution and strategy development, and project management.
• Basic knowledge of commodities (e.g. electronics, factored product).
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects / assignments requiring identification of objectives, resources and/or approaches.
• Working knowledge of ERP systems is helpful, preferably SAP.
• Strong team leader/contributor, comfortable in leading cross functional and multi-cultural teams.
• High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish new approaches to reduce Total Cost Ownership (TCO).
• Possess well-rounded knowledge in supply chain, materials planning and logistics
• Exceptional problem solving and project management skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) to various levels of the organization
• Proficient in dealing with language and cultural barriers
• Capable of capturing and transforming an idea/concept into business opportunity and deliver positive results
• No travel is expected for this temporary role.
Job Ref: 22474